Yard waste and trash can be mixed unless you live within the city limits of Bellevue. (Please see below for instructions specific to Bellevue residents.)
Branches and brush that will not fit into your trash cart should be cut to a length no longer than four feet and bundled together near the cart.
If you live within the city limits of Bellevue:
Yard waste should be kept separate from regular garbage.
The yard waste removal season runs from April 1st through November 30th.
- Yard waste is defined as leaves, lawn clippings and selected organic waste material such as dead plants and weeds.
- Tree branches are not accepted with the yard waste and should be put with the trash. Branches and brush must be bundled and placed with trash collection items. Branches, brush, etc. shall not exceed 4 feet in length, 2 ft. in diameter and weigh more than 50 lbs.
- There is no limit on the number of cans or biodegradable paper bags placed out for yard waste collection.
- All Yard Waste containers must be marked with “YW” in letters 4 in, or larger.
- Biodegradable paper bags may be used and are available at most retail outlets. We cannot take yard waste that is in plastic bags.